We blinked and all of a sudden, Sydney is a 4 year old starting preschool! When we moved to Coronado, we weren't sure if there would be any spots in the preschools since registration happens in early March, but I guess it was meant to be. I had 3 preschools that were highly recommended to me and one of them had a spot for Sydney! We lucked out as it is the closest one to our house so we can walk/bike to/from!
We went on a tour of the school and met the director in early July and I immediately fell in love with the school. The woman who runs the school reminded me of my mom teaching and she made Sydney feel SO comfortable. Both of Sydney's teachers had their own kids go through the preschool and now they are giving back and teaching other kids there!
The week before school started Sydney said that she didn't want to go and she just wanted to stay home with me. I told her she had to try it for the month of September and once we got to October, we could talk about it if she didn't like going. I was nervous there would be tears at every drop off but thankfully, she woke up on the first day at 6 a.m., got dressed all by herself, put her backpack on and came into our room and said she was ready for school! I then had to keep her busy for the next 3 hours since school doesn't start until 9!
Daddy and Syd before her first day of school
Cole wanted in on the photos
Getting ready to walk to school
Love this girl!
Silly one
Momma and Sydney selfie
In front of her school
She walked right in, gave me a hug and started playing! Thankfully, Cole and I had our first MOPS meeting we had to get to so we were all busy that first day and time flew by! We picked her up and she enjoyed it so I would call that a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment