Thursday, September 10, 2015

Coles big boy bed

At the beginning on August (August 1st to be exact), Cole finally figured out how to climb out of his crib.  I was (and still am) SO sad.  I was bragging to a friend earlier that week how he is 2 1/2 and still in a crib and I was planning on keeping him in a crib until he figured out how to climb out of it.  Well, I jinxed myself.  

That night he climbed out of his bed and walked into our room and said "hi mom!".  I about died when I realized how he got there.  Since it was pretty late, I tried carrying him back to his room and putting him back in his bed but sure enough, he climbed right out again.  That night, we slept in the guest room.  The next day, Daddy, Sydney and Cole worked together to take apart his crib.  
Unscrewing the front part and taking off the front rail


Big boy Bed!

Pretending to be asleep :)

Naptime and bedtime has been a challenge the past month with his new found freedom.  We were on such a roll with sleeping through the night and going down easy that it's frustrating we're back at square 1 (or so it feels so).  Like everything, this phase too shall pass and then we'll have another challenge :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment