Saturday, January 23, 2016

Holiday Half Marathon

I (Laura) completed my first half marathon since having kids 2 days after Christmas.  I signed up for this race almost a year ago when we were still living in Rancho Penasquitos since the start was less than a mile from our house and it ended at Torrey Pines Beach!  It was colder than expected (37 degrees at the start!!!) and my wake up came a bit earlier since we moved, but the overall race was great!

It's a small race (about 3,000 runners) since this was only it's 4th year and it was only 2 days after Christmas.  My amazing parents braved the early morning and cold weather to meet me at the start and cheer for me and knowing that my favorite people were going to be at the end waiting for me, helped me through many of those cold miles!



I finished in 1:44:49 which exceeded my goal so I was happy!  I was SORE for the following few days but I think the fact that I normally run on really flat ground and this course had a lot of rolling hills combined with the cold weather, my muscles were shocked!

I am truly so thankful for Dave who allows me to have "me" time to get out and run and never once complaining about my time away.  It's always so wonderful to come home to a happy house with the kids welcoming me, no matter how sweaty, with big hugs and smiles (and normally a comment such as, "well that wasn't too long mom").


No comments:

Post a Comment