My dad's brother and his wife (Uncle JP and Aunt Carol) were in San Diego visiting one weekend so we headed down to Mission Beach to meet up with them, Nani & Poppa and the Ductoes.
Nani and Poppa helping the kids dig!
The boys playing football
Playground after church
There was an art/craft festival at the ferry landing so we walked around it for a bit. It was HOT out but we found some shade under the face painting tent. Butterfly for Sydney
And Cole chose a skull (he is into "scary guys" ie. Batman, Ironman, Superman)
Sydney riding her scooter to school with momma and Cole chasing her
We had a terrible 2 tantrum in front of Boney's one afternoon. I just took and picture and waited until he was done having his meltdown. I got lots of stares from people but sometimes you can't reason with a 2 year old who has their mind made up! 2 minutes passed and he was happy again!
Daddy made up a fun game of pin the tail while we were waiting for dinner
They had a blast!
So sweet this girl - she rode her balance bike to the library and was attaching her helmet to her bike
On the walk to the library, Sydney looked up at the clouds and said, "Mom, those look like really dark clouds. I think it's going to rain". There was rain in the forecast but for later on in the afternoon so I just told her we would be ok. Half way into story time, it started POURING and never let up. We ran home in the rain - thankfully it was warm out that it felt good!
Zoo morning with friends
Cole wearing Daddy's hat and glasses
I wish I could take credit for this photo but I just saw it posted on a friends facebook page and loved it.
Julia, Sydney and Ella hanging in their jammies at Nani and Poppas house
More beach days with the Ducotes
Celebrating Daddy's birthday
Daddy wanted to go out to a pizza restaurant for his birthday. While we were waiting for our food, the waitress brought the kids magna doodles to play with. We gave Sydney all sorts of words to write and were so proud of her for writing her cousin Quincy's name on her first try!
Sydney passed down her balance bike to Cole. He is still getting the hang of it....
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
My beach bums
LOVE
We went up to Nani and Poppa's house at the end of September for dinner and to celebrate Mr. George's 94th birthday! The kids all made him cards and I think he had a pretty special day.
Cole found a kitty cat on the walk back from dropping off Sydney at school. He stayed here forever! Her school is from 9-12 but I never feel like I get much accomplished by the time we get home and then have to leave again to pick her up - this day we didn't get home until 10:15 and had to leave to get her at 11:45. Oh well, he had fun!
Another street, another kitty. They both love animals.































No comments:
Post a Comment