Dave and I always joke about the little things we put up with as part of military life that I use to take for granted (i.e. not knowing where we'll be in 2 years, planes or ships always managing to break down, never knowing what day they will get back from a deployment, etc). Whenever I'm frustrated with something, I just say 'GO NAVY' and roll my eyes. (Yes, I know this is minor compared to what a lot of people go through daily).
One of the benefits of the military that I recently discovered is that they take care of the preggo mammas! At every commissary (grocery store) or exchange (similar to a Target), they have front row parking for women who are pregnant more than 6 months. I haven't taken advantage of this "bene" until this past weekend. I was hot and tired and the parking lot was PACKED!! I parked my car in the first spot and didn't feel guilty one bit as I waddled (I no longer walk) my way into the commissary. I think I even muttered a GO NAVY under my breath and this time I actually meant it!!

No comments:
Post a Comment