Monday, October 10, 2016

Florida - Part I

On Friday, September 23rd, I dropped Dave and the kiddos off at the airport to head to Florida.
Originally, all 4 of us were going to leave on the same flight, but one morning while out on a run, I realized that this would be an incredible opportunity to have the house to myself for a few days which hasn't happened in 5 years(!!!).  I am SO grateful for my weekend alone and Dave wins dad/husband of the year for flying across country with 2 kiddos.  
Saying goodbye to the kids.  I think they were more excited about getting gum for the first time they didn't comprehend that I was staying!  The plan worked!!

The travelers.  Cole wasn't unhappy - just didn't want his picture taken. 

How fun!!! They got to check out the cockpit and pretend to fly the plane. 

Dave then sent me this picture which was from the speedfest the previous weekend. 
Ready to fly!

'
After a long day of travelling, they made it to Florida where Mimi and Jawgie were waiting for them!


Didn't take long to find a gator... 
Future gators?

While they were being love on in Florida, I was busy going through boxes, purging, seeing friends and enjoying some quiet time.  I dropped my mom off at the airport early Monday morning and went for a run by the harbor - so beautiful!
I think the weather Gods were getting me prepared for the Florida heat - 100degrees in Coronado?!? 

I sent the kids this picture of me from the beach - I love how you can see the del behind me. 


The kiddos stayed busy... Sydney enjoyed beading

Both kids finally got to meet the bears they have seen so many times on skype

fed horses at a friends farm







Went out to dinner for daddy's birthday

Happy Birthday, Dave!

Checking out the lily pads 
And gator stadium

Stadiums... 

Jawg created cabinet space for the kids full of treats.  The kids told me their was one healthy thing -raisins....everything else was sugar - haha!

Riding to see more animals


Huge tractor wheels

Petting chickens



Pool time


Rocking and waiting for momma to arrive

So cute!

Reunited!  I think this was the longest we have been apart...



Sweet kiddos

I flew on a red eye Monday night and arrived early Tuesday morning.  Dave and Jawg were off on an all day fishing trip so Mimi and I took the kids to a new playground. 



Jawg with his catch

Dave and his catch

So pretty!

Checking out Daddy & Jawgs catch!


They maxed out the number of how many fish they caught

Guy time on the swing

We stopped to feed the ducks one day.  As soon as they saw we had food, they all swarmed us.  The kiddos were scared (I don't blame them) so we held the kids and threw the bread to try and get the ducks far away!

Syd Syd inching higher on me with ducks all around!

Checking out animals at the UF vet hospital 


Sweet boy getting ready to swim


sweet girl

Swing time with Mimi

Our date night was doing the stadium steps at the swamp!  Phew!  This will get you in shape.  My calves were sore for days... 

So beautiful at night and such a treat they leave the stadium open to the public. 

Thanks Mimi & Jawgie for a fun visit!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment