Wednesday, September 28, 2016

1st Day of School

We went back and forth and back and forth some more about the kids and school this year.  Since Sydney turned 5 in August, technically, she could start Kindergarten.  My gut kept telling me to wait a year so she can be the oldest and selfishly for me, so I could spend more time with her.  I keep hearing horror stories of young 5 year olds starting (or even older 5 year olds) and them having a hard transition.  Academically and socially I think she is more than ready.... I just think she will be so much better off as the older one in her class.

That being said, at the beginning of the summer, neither of them were going to do any formal school.  I was going to keep them at home with me for one 'year of fun'.  I loved the idea of no structure/schedule/anywhere to be.  As the summer progressed, every-time we went by Sydney's old preschool, they asked when they would start... and, after a week of summer camp, I really enjoyed the structure and having to be out of the house at a certain time.  So... I called Sydney's old preschool director to see if there was room and there was :)  Sydney is in the front class and Cole is in the back class - same days/same place.
Cole on his 1st day.  He was SOOOOO excited to go...until we got there! :) 

Momma and Cole
Syd Syd and Momma

These hearts she does kill me!!! 

Both kids had a good day!  Cole told me he had fun but missed me.  So sweet.  Sydney didn't say much but said she had a good day.  Here's to a fun year!

No comments:

Post a Comment