Remember this beautiful picture of the Christmas tree ready for Christmas morning???
Well, a little before 2 a.m., I woke up and saw the tree lights were still on. Dave had mentioned they were on a timer and would go off at 11. I was paranoid about our tree being dry and catching fire (I know, I know...) so decided it was a good idea to go down and unplug them.
Sydney's new bed mattress was propped up against the mall and while I was reaching down to unplug the lights, I hit the mattress just right and it fell on top of the tree and it came crashing down!!!!
Ornaments everywhere. Water everywhere. It woke Dave up but thankfully the kids slept through it.
Dave was amazing - never made me feel like an idiot for knocking it over and helped cleaned up everything without complaining once. He kept saying, "I hope we can laugh about this one day". haha. I think he was ready to kill me when I got out the camera and took a picture though. But, hey, now we can laugh about it.
Everything was put back together and the kids knew nothing on Christmas morning!! I am now not allowed anywhere near outlets and Christmas trees :)

No comments:
Post a Comment