Monday, August 8, 2011

It's go time!


Just as we went to sleep on Wednesday evening, I woke Dave up to let him know that my water broke.  We called Tripler hospital to find out how we should proceed and they said to make our way there so off we went.  So much for a good night sleep and going to work on Thursday!

When we arrived at Tripler, I had some initial testing done and answered what seemed to be a million questions.  About an hour into the night, the nurse informed us that they were really busy and didn’t have a room available for us.  Since my water had already broken and the risk for infection is higher, they wanted me to get to a hospital that same night so they told us we would have to choose a new hospital.  Not necessarily the ideal way to start our night but we went with it.

Excited after just checking in.  Little did I know I would be in that bed for what  felt like forever. 


We were in the same room that Lisa & Rich had for Joseph!
We decided to go with Kapiolani hospital because it specializes in women and children and our nephew Joseph was born there in December. Kapiolani’s staff were ready for us when we arrived which was reassuring.  We got set up in the labor and delivery room for what we thought would be a relatively short stay – boy, were we wrong!  After witnessing multiple shift changes of staff and watching every infomercial on at 3 a.m., I realized this little girl may take longer than what we were expecting!

I was starving by morning time so was excited when the nurse told me they were bringing in breakfast.  Um, not so excited about the liquid diet; however, I don't think broth has ever tasted so good!

All I can say is that she was well worth the wait!!  31 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing later, Sydney Elizabeth Ozeck was born at 9:11 a.m. on Friday, August 5th.  She weighed in at 7lbs 4 oz and is 20 ½ inches long (definitely has her daddy’s long legs).  She is perfect and we are so in love.  





First family photo!!!



1 comment: