When Dave was deployed 3 years ago, my friend Alicia made a countdown jar where I would eat one M&M everyday in anticipation of his return. Along with a chocolate fix, it was a fun visual reminder to see the amount of time/M&M's go down.
Recently, my friend Marc recommended that we do a Baby Dora countdown jar... what a great idea!! Since I am a pack rat and keep everything, I still had the jar that Alicia made me several years back.
We have 161 M&M's to go until we hopefully meet our little one. I didn't put any extra in, hoping that s/he isn't late!!
Let the countdown begin...
* We don't know the sex yet... when I went to the store, the Valentine's day M&M's were 50% off so we went with the red, white and pink!
Laura... just an idea... what if it is a gril, then you should name the baby Alicia!!! After the count down jar and you would feel such a tie with the baby then????!!!! What a cute idea, love it!!
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect! Although I'm surprised you didn't throw a few extras in there for night-time snacks!
ReplyDeleteBecause I'm fat, I had so many urges to eat your M&M's when D-O was gone. Could you imagine if you ran out before his arrival date?! Probably a good thing I didn't!